Joining Our Great Sisterhood
1. Send an inquiry to the Chapter President that is within 25 miles of your current location. (Menu selection Chapters)
2. If after reviewing the current chapter list, you do not find a chapter in your area then submit your inquiry to the Regional Director (email link via meet the officers page)
3. While you are waiting for a response below you will find some helpful information
Sorority membership provides a lifetime of learning and involvement. Iota Phi Lambda provides its members with a climate for growth and development of leadership skills and talents. When you join Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, you not only join a network of graduate chapters across the nation, but more importantly, you join a sisterhood of African American women dedicated to the ideals of sisterhood, friendship, and professional development.
Sorority membership is a lifetime commitment, requiring time, dedication, and resources but it also rewards its members in providing a nurturing environment in which to develop and share their skills and talents. As a professional sisterhood, eligibility for membership in Iota Phi Lambda is based on academic achievement, professional accomplishment, and civic involvement.
Our membership in Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., is divided into two areas, Graduate and Undergraduate. The basic qualifications are as follows:
- Must be a Graduate of an accredited business college or university, or;
- Graduate of a 4-year college who successfully owns/operates a business, or;
- Graduate of an accredited two-year business college meeting the requirements of at least 48 credit hours, and employed two years in business.
- Any student who is pursuing a 4-year course of study and who has completed at least fifteen (15) credit hours (1 semester) of college work with the average grade of that school, may apply for membership.
- However, she may not be initiated until she has a total of thirty (30) semester hours
(1 year) to her credit.
Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc., believes membership is voluntary and a matter of mutual selection.
1. Membership is by invitation of the local chapter.
2. Each chapter schedules its own membership recruitment period during the programming year where women can learn about the organization, the chapter and local events.
If you’d like more information about joining our sisterhood, please follow the aforementioned steps. Good Luck!!!
For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather,
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands.